Create Total Participation
Engage every associate in waste-eliminating 5S practices and unlock the full potential of your organization. Make your people a true competitive advantage!
Capture Low-Hanging Fruit
Reap the immense productivity and quality gains of a highly engaged lean-thinking organization where every person practices kaizen (aka continuous improvement). 5S is an easy quick-win for eliminating waste and standardizing your work environment.
Establish a Culture of Discipline
The 5S rituals of sort, set in order, shine, standardize, and sustain assist in establishing widespread discipline throughout your organization. It begs and requires total commitment, which is a prerequisite for forming a lean organization.
Bite-sized on-demand videos covering the essential practices of 5S (sort, set in order, shine, standardize, sustain).
6 core training modules containing everything you need to know about 5S (35 min).
40+ supplemental YouTube videos to reinforce concepts with real-life examples from a variety of industries (90 min).
- Discover the what 5S is and why it works
- Learn the two purposes of 5S
- Acquire a high-level understanding of sort, set in order, shine, standardize, and sustain
- Realize the consequences of NOT practicing 5S
- Understand the benefits of 5S practices
- Discover two tips for success
- Learn definition of sort
- Understand the problem of clutter in terms of efficiency and abnormality control
- Learn how to red tag effectively
- Discover simplified way to manage a red tag area
- Discover the next step after sorting: set in order!
- See examples of set in order in action
- Learn the lean saying "a place for everything, and everything in its place"
- Understand set in order in terms of efficiency and abnormality control
- Learn strategies for identifying opportunities for set in order
- Learn the real purpose of shine--it's more than just cleaning!
- Overview common examples of mess that are subject to shine activities
- Learn to eliminate the sources of mess in the workplace
- Understand the first three S's of 5S in terms of standardization
- Learn to sustain your efforts by setting expectations and standards for 5S practices
- Realize that standardization is not limited to just cleaning
- Understand the usefulness and time requirements for 5S audits
- Review the two purposes of 5S
- Realize that there's no good alternative to 5S; you've got to do it!
- Understand that sustainment is everyone's responsibility
- Learn five recommendations for long-term 5S success