Control the Chaos
Standardization is the key to eliminating instability and variation in your processes. Apply it to get the upper hand on your processes, get away from "firefighting," and finally control the chaos.
Sustain Your Gains
Learn the not-so-sexy secret to longterm lean success: standardization! If you don't learn to standardize, you will never sustain your gains. Kaizen will fail!
Unlock Unlimited Improvement
Realize how true kaizen (aka continuous improvement) is about continuously improving standards, and engage your whole organization in the practice of improvement.
Bite-sized on-demand videos covering essential practices of standardization.
7 training modules containing everything you need to know about standardization (35 min).
Supplemental YouTube videos to reinforce concepts with real-life examples from a variety of industries.
How standardization is fundamental to success with kaizen
Six characteristics of great standards
How to sustain your improvements by maintaining standards
The true meaning of continuous improvement: the continuous improvement of standards!
- Learn the difference between a standard, standardization, and standard work.
- Discover 9 reasons why standardization is critical to your success.
- Realize how standardization is essential for kaizen to work properly.
- Myth #1: standardization limits creativity and individualism.
- Myth #2: standard work is permanent.
- Myth #3: standards are used to beat people up.
- Myth #4: standard work is self-explaining.
- Myth #5: standard operating procedures (SOPs) are sufficient.
- Learn how to develop world-class standards by making them: safe, high quality, the best demonstrated, simple, visual, and physical.
- Avoid common pitfalls when developing standards.
- Learn to avoid the trap of standardizing a process that is not yet stable.
- Discover the 4M's of man, machine, material, and method, and how they influence the stability of a process.
- Discover why injecting some energy into maintaining standards is absolutely essential.
- Learn to appreciate the importance of following up on standards on a regular basis.
- Realize the importance of focussing on the process, not the person!
- Realize that every improvement must START and END with a standard.
- Realize that in the absence of a standard, the first improvement is to create one!
- Discover three consequences of failing to standardize an improvement.